Monday, January 19, 2009

Passionate Lover

My dreams! They have not come true. I was hoping this blog would inspire me to work my way through my underplayed video games. That writing would increase the fun! But you know what? I don't want to do that. I just want to beat people up. I want to play Street Fighter, and read about Street Fighter, and watch videos of Street Fighter. I'm wondering why did I ever buy any other games? They're not as good as Street Fighter. They lack passion. They're checklists - I completed this and this and this and I am done. Now move onto the next!

Though part of me would like a checklist. A really good one. This is the bad part of me, the part that doesn't want to take responsibility for my life, the part that just wants to ignore that I'm getting old and time is running out to succeed. I was playing WoW for awhile. That was a mistake. It is nothing but a checklist, and it is an easy way to kill time, but I think I need to start loving time instead of killing it. I canceled my account. I didn't spend too much time playing it, and I didn't pay much, so it is good. More time for writing, for the gym, for street fightin'.

NOW I WILL PICK A VIDEO GAME SCREENSHOT AT RANDOM FROM THE THOUSANDS I HAVE AVAILABLE ON THIS HARD DRIVE


Oh. I...don't even know what game that is. I am guessing someone posted that to some message board, and I laughed, and saved it so I could laugh again at a later date. And I'd say it is still pretty funny! Probably from some Amiga game. I bet it's by Psygnosis. I wanted an Amiga as a kid. I didn't know of any games for it, I just knew it could display lots of colors? A neighbor had a C64. I played Karnov on it. It was terrible. Like even worse than Karnov usually is, I think. He didn't have a Nintendo. Just his C64 with Karnov and a 2600. That poor kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment